Electronic Contract Manufacturing
Futaba understands electronic contract manufacturing is not a “one size fits all.” We have developed a successful production process to meet your needs, whether it is a small quantity prototype or a large volume production assembly incorporating box build or system integration. Specializing in Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) our CM capabilities use the latest technology for SMT allowing us to keep costs low and efficiencies high.
A vital component in this process is Design for Manufacturing (DFM) feedback and we believe it is extremely critical at every phase of the product development process. This ensures the successful launch of your product while maintaining an efficient, cost effective result.
We have a lot of experience in helping customers change electronic contract manufacturers. We help these customers achieve better quality at a lower cost by helping them switch to Futaba for their electronic manufacturing service needs.
We have two buildings dedicated to electronic manufacturing services. One building is designed to allow us to build product in the most efficient manner for our high-volume customers. The other building is consists of cell-based manufacturing. Cell-based manufacturing suits the needs of our smaller volume customers due to its short changeover times. Since cell-based manufacturing eliminates batch processes, boosts in productivity can be achieved. Higher productivity results in lower costs.
Key Capabilities Include:
- Design for Manufacturability (DFM) services
- PCB Assembly for a wide range of volume, mix and complexity requirements
- Up to 24” long PCB capable
- 0201 chip components
- BGA, micro BGA (down to 0.4mm pitch)
- Flip chip, Chip On Board (COB)
- Selective solder
- No clean or aqueous solder process
- Fine pitch screen printing/placement down to 0.4mm pitch
- Odd form part placement
- Ionic contamination testing
- Component lead forming
- Nitrogen SMT reflow process for improved solder wettability
- On-sight machine shop for custom fixtures (Depanel, Conformal Coat and Test)